First Bank of Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian multinational bank and financial services company in Lagos, Nigeria. It is the premier bank in West Africa. The First Bank of Nigeria Limited operates as a parent company, with the subsidiaries ‘FBN Bank’ in the Republic of Congo, Ghana, The Gambia, Guinea, Sierra-Leone, and Senegal; FBN Bank UK Limited in the United Kingdom with a branch in Paris; First Bank Representative Office in Beijing to capture trade-related business between geographies.
First Bank also operates First Pension Custodian Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s foremost pension custodian. The teeming customers of the First Bank Group are serviced from a network of over 700 business locations across Africa. To promote financial inclusion and reach the unbanked, First Bank has an extensive Agent Banking network, with over 53,000 locations across Nigeria. The Bank specializes in retail banking and has the largest client base in West Africa, with over 18 million customers. For eight consecutive years (2011 – 2018) First Bank Nigeria received the Best Retail Bank in Nigeria award by The Asian Banker.
First Bank as a Group employs over 16,000 staff, and owns multiple ‘Best Place to Work awardee’. It operates four key Strategic Business Units (SBUs) – Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, and Public Sector Banking. It was previously structured as an operating holding company before the implementation of a non-operating Holding Company structure (FBN Holdings) in 2011/2012.
The subsidiaries of First Bank of Nigeria include the following:
FBN Bank (DRC) Formerly Banque International de Credit (BIC) – Kinshasa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo – (75% shareholding) is a subsidiary of First Bank of Nigeria Limited, and was until September 2014 called BIC which was founded in April 1994
- FBN Bank (China) – Beijing, China – representative office
- FBN Bank (Ghana) – Accra, Ghana – 100% shareholding
- FBN Bank (Guinea) – Conakry, Guinea – 100% shareholding
- FBN Bank (Senegal) – Dakar Senegal – 100% shareholding
- FBN Bank (Sierra Leone) – Freetown, Sierra Leone Sierra Leone – 100% shareholding
- FBN Bank (South Africa) – Johannesburg, South Africa South Africa – representative office
- FBN Bank (UAE) – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates – representative office
- FBN Bank (UK) – London, United Kingdom United Kingdom – 100% shareholding – savings products sold under First Save brand
- FBN Bank (UK/Paris) – Paris, France France – a branch of the subsidiary in the UK
- First Pension Custodian Limited
- FBN Mortgages Limited
- FBN Bank (Gambia)
For the half year ending June 30, 2022 FBN Holdings reported that its profit before tax rose by 45 percent, compared to the same period a year earlier.
FBNBank Ghana Limited Customer Care Number
Service line on +233 266 019888.
Email to [email protected].
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.