List Of Cocoa Companies In Ghana
Cocoa production in Ghana Cocoa production in Ghana began in the 1870’s. And by 1911 Ghana was already the world’s leading cocoa producer. At the time, Ghana was contributing to 30-40% of the world’s total input of cocoa.
In the late 1970s, prices for cocoa in most countries dropped and Ghanaian farmers had to look for alternatives. This forced most of the farmers to stop producing cocoa and farm other crops. Cocoa is the main agricultural export in Ghana.
It is also the main cash crop in the country. In fact, Ghana is ranked number two in cocoa production just after Ivory Coast. In this article, we will talk more about the cocoa processing companies in Ghana as well as their location and useful contact information
List of cocoa processing companies in Ghana
Below is a list of companies that process cocoa in Ghana.
- Plot Enterprise Gh . Plot Enterprise is a cocoa processing company in Ghana that has its factories in Takoradi, Western Ghana. The region, Takoradi, is one the biggest cocoa producing areas in Ghana. Takoradi is a suitable location for the company due to the good transport systems present for transporting cocoa to international markets.
- Cocoa Processing Company Limited. Cocoa Processing Company Limited is a cocoa processing company located in Tema. It was started in 1965. The company has three factories – two of which are cocoa factories while one is a confectionery factory. Inside the cocoa factories, cocoa beans are processed into products such as butter, cocoa liquor, powder or natural cake. Cocoa Processing Company Limited has achieved great success over the years and have won multiple local and international quality awards. Cocoa Processing Company Limited has one of the best Ghana chocolate making factories. In 2002, nine products from Cocoa Processing Company Limited were presented at the World Quality Selection. The company managed to score a gold in eight of their products while one received a silver
- ADM Company. ADM Company is a multinational food processing company that was established in 1902. The company has more than 270 plants and more than 500 procurement facilities in different countries. It has over 26,000 employees in their processing plants which are located in different countries. In Ghana, the company is strategically located in Kumasi in the Ashanti Region, closer to the cocoa farmers
- Ceres Demeter Ltd. Ceres Company Ltd is a cocoa company located at the Greater Accra Region, Ghana. The company was incorporated in Ghana in 1998 and since then, it has grown to be one of the largest cocoa processing companies in the country. Other than cocoa processing, the company also engages in businesses such as fishing and mining
- Delfi Ventures. Delfi Ventures is a cocoa processing company located in Accra. Delfi Ventures was started by a young passionate lady, Ida Kuekey, a graduate at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology and the University of Ghana. She makes her own quality chocolate brands under the name De’Laugh Chocolates.
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.