Nurturing the passion to be a journalist is a very nice idea to begin with. Journalism is a powerful profession that has the power to tell the world stories that are worth listening and paying attention to.
If you are looking into going into journalism, here are the pointers concerning the types of Journalism you can specialize in.
Table of Contents
Types Of Journalism
- Investigative Journalism.
- Watchdog journalism.
- Political Journalism.
- Crime Journalism.
- Business Journalism.
- Arts Journalism.
- Celebrity Journalism
- Opinion journalism.
- Education Journalism.
- Sports Journalism.
Below are the list of accredited journalism schools in Ghana.
1. Ghana Institute of Journalism Accra: Ghana Institute of Journalism, formerly known as the Ghana School of Journalism is the most prestigious journalism school in the country. It was founded in 1959 by the first President of Ghana, Kwame Nkrumah.
The Ghana Institute of Journalism can be found closer to the Accra Conference Centre, National Theatre, Sports Stadium and Parliament buildings. It is on the Ringway, Osu just next to the Ministries of Government in Accra.
2. National Film and Television Institute(NAFTI): It is regarded as one of the best journalism schools in Ghana owing to the professionalism and work ethic they portray.
It was established in 1978 as a television and film production and they have established themselves as one of the powerful leaders in journalism in Ghana. They offer journalism, multimedia production, sound production, animation, television and radio production, art and arts directing, film directing and editing courses.
3. University of Ghana School of Communication Studies: This school was established In 1972.
The main aim of establishing this school was to help the masses in understanding and practicing journalism and mass communication, fact-finding through research. The institution offers degree, diploma and masters certificates.
4. Accra Film School: it has a wide array of programs for prospective students who are seeking to hone their craft in journalism.
Below are the various programs they run.
- Acting Directing Ethics and media law
- Graphic design
- Web design
- Production in photography
- Video editing
- Research Radio and television presentationcSound engineering
- Motion graphics
Note: There are other private journalism schools in Ghana and they are listed below.
- Bluecrest University College School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Abro Media Institute
- Crystal Galaxy College
- Ghana technology University College
- Ghana Christian University College
- African University College of Communications
- Jayee University College Faculty of Communication Science
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.