GIMPA law school: Requirements, Courses for 2021
The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) is a higher institution for management studies in Ghana. It was established on 19 January 1974 to provide training programs in business administration, public administration, Law, and related disciplines for middle-level managers of the public and private sectors.
The GIMPA law school is for WASSCE and SSSCE candidates who wish to become lawyers in the future. The law schools in three batches the day students, evening students, and working-class students.
About GIMPA Law School
The faculty of law at GIMPA was established in 2010. It has grown from a small size of about seventy students and five full-time faculty to boasting of well over four hundred students and twenty-six full-time faculty in addition to fourteen adjuncts.
GIMPA Law School offers a legal education that is unique in the country. By combining mainstream theoretical training with clinical programs, students are prepared to be the best attorneys and advocates. The school has existed for five years and continues to provide an environment where the law is studied and its future practice can flourish.
GIMPA Law School Requirement 2021
1. Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) and West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) Candidates: (3) credit passes in three core subjects and three (3) credit passes in three elective subjects.
- SSSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- WASSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
2. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Candidates
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and a Science subject for (for non-science) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
GIMPA Law School duration
The programme will last for 4 years.
- Ghana Legal System
- Legal Method
- Constitutional Law I & II
- Law of Contract I & II
- Criminal Law I & II
- Law of Torts I & II
- Law of immovable property I & II
- Equity and succession I & II
- Jurisprudence I & II
- Long Essay I & II
- Commercial Law I & II
- Conflict of Law I & II
- Public International Law I & II
- Company Law I & II
- International Trade and Investment Law
- Administrative Law
- ECOWAS Law
- Human Rights Law
- Policymaking and The Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Media Law
- Environmental Law
- Labour and Employment Law
- Law of Devolution and Decentralisation
- Security Transactions Law
- Law of Banking
- Law of Trust
- Insurance Law
- Family and Domestic Relations Law
- Taxation and Revenue Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Criminology and Forensics
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.