The Ghana Cocoa Board was established by ordinance in 1947 with the sum of ¢ 27 million (being Ghana’s share of the net profit of the West African Produce Control Board) as its initial working capital. The Board traces its beginning further back to the cocoa hold-up of 1937.
The Board first rented and occupied the old premises of the Export Produce Control Board on 28th February Road, Accra, and when Swan Mill, which was built by the United Africa Company Limited was completed, it rented part of it at an annual cost of approximately ¢ 4,500.00 after which it acquired its own building.
In 1957, the late Dr. Kwame Nkrumah the then President of the Republic of Ghana laid the foundation stone to mark the construction of Cocoa House at 41 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue, Accra to provide offices for the Board. The building of Cocoa House
The building of Cocoa House was not only meant to avoid payment of rent but also to represent a concrete expression of the Board’s faith in the future of the cocoa industry and a living monument to the hard work of the Ghanaian farmer.
The six-story Cocoa House, which was built at a cost of nearly ¢2 million, was commissioned in November 1960 by the late President. Cocoa House also provided offices for such foreign and local organizations such as Ethiopian Airlines and ARB Apex Bank. The mission of the Board is to encourage and facilitate the production, processing, and marketing of good quality cocoa, coffee, and shea nut in all forms in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
Table of Contents
Ghana Cocoa Board (GCB) Recruitment
The applying for job vacancy be a Ghanaian citizen by birth with no criminal record. Possess a first Degree, not below a Second Class Lower from an accredited university in a related field. … Age of 21 and not more than 35 years
Vacancies advertised include the following;
1. Assistant Account Officer (Degree in Accounting or Finance)
2. Account Clerks (WASSCE)
3. Clerk / Typists ( O’level or WASSCE)
4. Security Assistants / Guards (GCE O’level WASSCE)
5. Information Systems Technician (Diploma in Computer studies)
6. Cartographic draughtman (HND/Diploma in geometric engineering)
7. Drivers (BECE plus driving license D)
8. Water Treatment Attendants (WASSCE plus certificate in Water Management Studies /NVTI 1&2 in plumbing
9. Technical Help officer (MSc Agriculture, Agronomy Extension)
10. Assistant Technical Officer (Degree in Agriculture or Agronomy Extension)
11. Principal Technical Assistant (Diploma in Agriculture or Agronomy Extension)
12. Senior Technical Assistant (Certificate in Agriculture or Agronomy Extension)
How To Apply For Job Vacancies In Ghana Cocoa Board
Applications with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be sent to: Advert no. 342C/o Graphic Communications Group Limited Post Office Box 742A
To apply for the Ghana Cocoa Board Recruitment Recruitment 2022. Below is what you need to know:
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Ghana Cocoa Board Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.