The University Of Ghana undergraduate for 2022/2023 admissions is now open, with cut-off-points, and a complete guide on how to apply for anyone living in Ghana and abroad — as a foreign student.
The information to the general public is served by University of Ghana, to WASSCE candidates, parents and guardians that applications are open for the admission of prospective applicants into various undergraduate programmes for the 2022/2023 academic year.
The University Of Ghana 2022/23 Undergraduate Admissions are Open for interested applicants; and here is the Cut-Off Points, And How To Apply for University of Ghana admission online.
In regard to the University of Ghana 2022/2023 admission out, these are some of the relevant information applicants are to take note of;
- All prospective applicants are advised to visit the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh and carefully read all relevant information and guidelines for prospective applicants before applying.
- All applicants who will be writing WASSCE in 2022 are eligible to apply.
- Programmes at the College of Health Sciences, except those offered at the School of Allied Health Sciences, are offered as FIRST CHOICE programmes only.
- For second and third choices, applicants must choose courses from the Sciences.
- The following programmes offered at the College of Basic and Applied Sciences are FIRST CHOICE programmes: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering.
- Applicants who select either B.Sc. Administration or Bachelor of Laws (LLB) as first choice are advised strongly to select bouquets from the Bachelor of Arts programme as second choice to enhance their chances of gaining admission.
- For the Bachelor of Arts (BA) programme, applicants are required to select subjects from the list of bouquets provided. Up to four (4) subject bouquets must be selected in order of preference.
- All students entering the BA progamme must offer three (3) subjects at Level 100, two (2) subjects at Level 200 and Level 300 and either two (2) subjects or one (1) subject at Level 400.
- Qualified Applicants to the Bachelor’s degree on the Legon Campus who are unable to meet the competitive cut-off points determined by the Admissions Board for admission to preferred programmes of study may opt for the Fee-paying Scheme. Interested applicants must indicate this option on their application forms.
- Mature Students Admission has been re-introduced into the Bachelor of Arts Distance Education (DE) Programme with effect from the 2017/2018 academic year.
- All applications must be submitted ONLINE. Click here to visit the “How to apply online page”.
- All applicants will be considered on the basis of result equivalents as provided by the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission(GTEC), as per schedule below:
|A1||1 Excellent||A||1 – Excellent|
|B2||2 – Very Good||B||2 – Very Good|
|B3||3 – Good||C||3 – Good|
|C4||4 – Credit||D||4 – Credit|
|C5||5 – Credit||E||5 – Pass|
|C6||6 – Credit||F||6- Fail|
|D7||7 – Pass|
|E8||8 – Pass|
|F9||9 – Fail|
- Qualifications acceptable for admissions include the following:
- Senior Secondary School Certificates (SSSCE/WASSSCE)
- Baccalaureate (French)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- GCE (Cambridge) – ‘A’ and ‘O’ Levels
- GCSE & ‘A’ Levels
- American High School – Grade 12 examinations
- Other external qualifications which have equivalences to the WASSSCE/SSSCE and the GCE (A Levels). All admissions will be to Level 100.
- All applicants who have ever attended or graduated with Certificate/Diploma from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their **STUDENT IDENTITYNUMBERS** on their application forms. The same number will be used in the intended programme of study if admitted.
- Since the 2007/2008 academic year, the University of Ghana has ceased to admit applicants with the West African Examination Council’s Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificates
- All Applicants must take note that the process for admission to the University of Ghana is very transparent. Applicants should therefore beware of any persons who may approach them on the pretext of assisting them gain admission for a fee.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ARE CORRECTLY FILLED AND SUBMITTED
Table of Contents
2022/2023 Undergraduate Admissions Cut-off Points
These are the Programme Cut-off Points for Undergraduate admissions cut-off points by University of Ghana for applicants.
College of Basic and Applied Sciences
- BSc. Biological Sciences 24 C6 in Chemistry
- BSc. Agriculture 20 C6 in Chemistry
- BSc. Earth Sciences 24 C5 in Chemistry, C5 Physics
- BSc. Agricultural Engineering 22 B3 in Elective Maths
- BSc. Biomedical Engineering 9 B3 in Elective Maths
- BSc. Computer Engineering 8 B3 in Elective Maths
- BSc. Food Process Engineering 17 B3 in Elective Maths
- BSc. Materials Science & Engineering 17 B3 in Elective Maths
- BSc. Family & Child Studies 16 C6 in Management in Living
- BSc. Food & Clothing 20 C6 in Chemistry
- BSc. Information Technology 12 B2 in Core Maths
- BSc. Mathematical Sciences 14 B3 in Elective Maths
- BSc. Physical Sciences 24 C6 in Chemistry, C6 in Physics, C5 in Elective Maths
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine 14
- BSc. Psychology 24
College of Health Sciences
- BSc. Nursing 9
- BSc. Midwifery 9
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery 7
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery 9
- BSc. Medical Laboratory Sciences 12
- BSc. Physiotherapy 14
- BSc. Dietetics 14
- BSc. Occupational Therapy 18
- BSc. Diagnostic Radiography 14
- Doctor of Pharmacy 8
College of Education
- BSc. Education 24
- BA. Education 24
- B.Ed. ( JHS Specialism) 24
- BA. Education (English) 24
- BA. Sports and Physical Culture 24
- BSc. Information Technology – Distance Education 24
- BSc. Administration – Distance Education 30
- Bachelor of Arts – Distance Education 30
College of Humanities
- Bachelor of Laws 7
- BSc. Administration – Legon Campus 8(9)
- BSc. Administration – Legon Campus (Full-Fee Paying) 14
- BSc. Administration – City Campus 24
- Bachelor of Arts (General Arts Background) 15(16)
- Bachelor of Arts (Full-Fee Paying) 22
- Bachelor of Arts (Business/Science/ Vocational Background) 12
- Bachelor of Arts City Campus 24
- Bachelor of Fine Arts 24
International Applicants And Ghanaians Applying From Abroad
University of Ghana online application E-VOUCHERS can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for GH¢200.00 at the following banks: Access Bank, Ecobank, Republic Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Ghana Commercial Bank, Zenith Bank, Universal Merchant Bank, Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG), Prudential Bank and Fidelity Bank.
The E-VOUCHERS can also be purchased through the USSD code *887*18# on all mobile telecommunication networks. Click here for more information on the USSD Payment
Ghanaian applicants in the following categories are expected to apply using the E-VOUCHER:
WASSSCE/SSSCE Applicants and Ghanaians with Foreign Background.
WASSCE/SSSCE applicants and Ghanaians who apply with foreign qualifications from schools which write the International Baccalaureate (IB) and the IGCSE such as Alpha Beta, Faith Montessori International School, Ghana International School, New Nation International School, SOS – Hermann GMEINER International College and Tema International School etc., should do the following:
At any of the Banks listed above, applicants will be required to indicate their names, mobile phone numbers and e-mail addresses on the bank voucher before they are served. Those without e-mail addresses will however not be disadvantaged. A confirmation of their Pin will be sent to their mobile phones. After purchasing the e-voucher, applicants should CAREFULLY follow the instructions given. After the application has been submitted on-line, the e-voucher should be kept in a safe place as it may be required by applicants when accessing their admission status at a later date.
DIPLOMA/HND TO DEGREE APPLICANTS
After buying the e-voucher, Diploma/HND to Degree applicants are expected to scan and attach the following documents to their online application forms:
- Diploma/HND transcripts
- Where applicable, certified copies of ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level certificates/result slips
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates/result slips should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission online. The certificates/results slips should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application form.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AND GHANAIANS APPLYING FROM ABROAD
International applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad should NOT buy the e-voucher. They should use the following link to access the online application form for completion and submission.
Online Application for International & Ghanaians Abroad Undergraduate applicants
All applicants are expected to pay to the University a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00. This fee can be paid directly or wire transferred into the University of Ghana ECOBANK Account.
Details of the Account are:
- Account Name: University of Ghana Foreign Students Fees
- Account Number: 2441000716652
- Bank Details: Ecobank Ghana Limited, Legon Branch
- Swift: ECOCGHAC
or International Transfer through Ecobank (2441000716652 or 1441000716647
or Payment with Credit Card on the GT payment platform.
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates/result slips should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission online. The certificates/ results slips should be scanned into one PDF or Word document and attached to the application form.
Note that no application will be processed without proof of payment of the fee.
How To Apply For University Of Ghana 2022/2023 Admission
This link below will serve you to apply for the 2022/2023 admission into University Of Ghana.
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.