The planting for food and jobs in Ghana is a campaign policy by the current president of Ghana Nana Addo Dankwa and his government. The planting for food and job was launch in at Goaso on April 19, 2017.
The planting for food and jobs in Ghana has five modules its wishes to achieve and these are;
- Food Crops (PFJ)
- Planting for Export and Rural Development (PERD)
- Greenhouse Technology Villages (3 Villages)
- Rearing for Food and Jobs ( RFJ)
- Agricultural Mechanization Services (AMSECs)
Among this five modules the current one running is the food crops which kicked start on April 19 2017. Acording to the President Nana Addo the food crop module is to promote food security and immediate availability of selected food crops on the market. He added that the food crops when promoted will create more jobs for the citizens in the country.
The ministry in charge of this policy is the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA). The Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA) said before the current leave power this is what they wish to achieve;
- Motivate farmers to adopt certified seeds and fertilizers.
- Empower the beneficiaries with knowledge and skills to maximize the benefits of used subsidized inputs.
- Improve the marketability of the increased food produced under the campaign through
- strong linkages among producers, aggregators, public institutions, private food and feedenterprises.
- Use information and communication technologies (ICT) for efficient targeting of beneficiaries of the campaign.
- Increase job opening opportunities as a result of higher levels of productivity.
- Stimulate enterprises operating along the supply chains of inputs and marketing of outputs to create jobs and develop technical and human capacities in rural and urban areas.
- Overcome food deficits, reduce importation of basic food commodities and increase exports to the neighboring countries.
Table of Contents
Goals for Planting For Food And Jobs In Ghana
- Modernize the agriculture sector of the economy in order to:
- Improve food security
- Create employment opportunities and
- Reduce poverty
•To ensure immediate and adequate availability of selected food commodities.
•To provide job opportunities for the teeming unemployed youth in the agriculture and allied sectors.
•To create general awareness for all formal workers and public institutions to farm and establish backyard gardens.
•To serve as food imports substitution.
Despite planting for food and jobs, a Ghanaian can venture into the world of Poultry farming and there is a complete guide can walk you through the steps on How To Start Poultry Farming In Ghana.
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.