The Ghana Card is a national identity card that is issued by the Ghanaian authorities to Ghanaian citizens both resident and non-resident, legally and permanently resident foreign nationals.
It is proof of identity, citizenship, and residence of the holder.
The information needed includes:
- Name, date and place of birth, residential address and digital address code.
- Parental information, including their Names, Address dates, and places of birth.
- Biometrics, including your fingerprints, iris, and photograph). The NIA will take data at the registration centre.
- Parental, partner, and next of kin information. Prepare to have addresses, names, nationality, hometown, and other personal data.
- Primary verification documents. These include your birth certificate, valid password, certificate of acquired citizenship or naturalisation certificate.
- Where necessary, you may have to bring other documents, such as SSNIT registration number, DVLA (licence), NHIS, TAX (TIN), passport, and EC (voter card).
If you do not have the mandatory verification documents, birth certificates, or passport, you will only complete the registration if an already registered relative vouches for you.
Where a relative is unavailable and no proper documentation, you will have to find two registered individuals to vouch for you.
The NIA will also issue refugees with the GhanaCard.
However, the difference is that their cards will have the inscription REFUGEE indicated on their cards.
In Accra, the Ghana Card registration is taking place at the listed below:
- Ghana Revenue Office at Adabraka, adjacent to Papa’s Pizza.
- Ghana Revenue Authority office at Mataheko-Kaneshie opposite Accra Academy.
- Dome Zonal Office near Dome Ghana Commercial Bank.
- Osu Dankwah Circle GRA Office.
- Agbogbloshie Ghana Revenue Authority Office.
- GRA Office Kinbu opposite the Ministry of Education.
- GRA Office at Madina Zongo Junction
Eligible individuals can register for the GhanaCard online or locally. You will have to use the NIA website to complete the Ghana card online registration. If you prefer to do it at a registration centre, then check out the list of the Ghana Card registration centers in Accra.
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.