Districts in Accra
Accra is the capital and largest city of Ghana, located on the southern coast at the Gulf of Guinea, which is part of the Atlantic Ocean. Accra covers an area of 225.67 km2 (87.13 sq mi) with an estimated urban population of 5.1 million as of 2022.
Accra is the administrative, economic, and educational centre of Ghana. The city contains the head offices of all of the large banks and trading firms, the insurance agencies, the electricity corporation, the general post office, the large open markets to which most of the food supply comes, and the Accra Central Library.
Today, Accra is one of the wealthiest and most modern cities on the African continent, with a high quality of living by African standards. Though it is a city that has managed to escape the overblown fate of many other world capitals, it does contain its share of slums, congestion, pollution, and desperate poverty.
These are issues that city and national leaders must address before they can be said to practice good governance, which is leadership for the flourishing of all peoples.
Districts in Accra, Ghana:
- Ablekuma Central Municipal District
- Ablekuma North Municipal District
- Ablekuma West Municipal District
- Accra Metropolitan District
- Ada East District
- Ada West District
- Adenta Municipal District
- Ashaiman Municipal District
- Ayawaso Central Municipal District
- Ayawaso East Municipal District
- Ayawaso North Municipal District
- Ayawaso West Municipal District
- Dangme East District
- Dangme West District
- Ga Central Municipal District
- Ga District
- Ga East Municipal District
- Ga North Municipal District
- Ga South Municipal District
- Ga West Municipal District
- Korle-Klottey Municipal District
- Kpone Katamanso Municipal District
- Krowor Municipal District
- La Dade Kotopon Municipal District
- La Nkwantanang Madina Municipal District
- Ledzokuku Municipal District
- Ledzokuku-Krowor Municipal District
- Ningo Prampram District
- Okaikwei North Municipal District
- Shai Osudoku District
- Tema Metropolitan District
- Tema West Municipal District
- Weija Gbawe Municipal District
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.