Usher Raymond IV, commonly known as Usher, is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor. Born on October 14, 1978, in Dallas, Texas, Usher rose to fame in the late 1990s with his smooth R&B and pop music. He has achieved significant success throughout his career, including multiple Grammy Awards and numerous hit singles.
Here is some information about Usher’s biography, height, weight, and more:
Table of Contents
- Full Name: Usher Terry Raymond IV
- Date of Birth: October 14, 1978
- Place of Birth: Dallas, Texas, United States
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Singer, songwriter, dancer, actor
- Genre: R&B, pop
Usher Height and Weight:
- Height: Usher stands approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall (173 cm).
- Weight: The exact weight of Usher is not publicly known, but he has maintained a fit and athletic physique throughout his career.
Usher Early Life and Career:
- Usher grew up in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and later moved to Atlanta, Georgia, where he began his musical journey.
- At the age of 14, he caught the attention of a music executive and signed his first recording contract.
- In 1994, he released his self-titled debut album, “Usher,” which achieved moderate success.
- Usher’s breakthrough came with his second album, “My Way,” released in 1997, which featured the hit singles “Nice & Slow” and “You Make Me Wanna…”
- His third studio album, “8701,” released in 2001, solidified his position as one of R&B’s leading artists and spawned the hit single “U Remind Me.”
- Usher’s fourth album, “Confessions,” released in 2004, became his most successful to date, featuring chart-topping hits like “Yeah!,” “Burn,” and “Confessions Part II.”
- He continued to release successful albums, including “Here I Stand” (2008), “Raymond v. Raymond” (2010), and “Looking 4 Myself” (2012).
Usher Notable Achievements:
- Usher has sold over 75 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
- He has won numerous awards, including eight Grammy Awards.
- Usher’s contributions to music and his impact on popular culture have earned him a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Usher Acting Career:
- Usher has also ventured into acting and has appeared in several films and television shows.
- Some of his notable acting roles include the films “She’s All That,” “In the Mix,” and “Hands of Stone.”
- He has also appeared as a coach on the reality TV singing competition “The Voice.”
Usher Personal Life:
- Usher has been married twice. He married his stylist, Tameka Foster, in 2007, but they divorced in 2009. He then married his manager, Grace Miguel, in 2015, but they announced their separation in 2018.
- Usher has two sons, Usher Raymond V and Naviyd Ely Raymond, from his marriage to Tameka Foster.
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.