The Ghana Revenue Authority is a body operating on behalf of the Ghanaian government, with a mandate to collect, assess, and account for the tax revenue in Ghana. The core mandate of the Authority is to ensure maximum compliance with relevant laws in order to ensure a sustainable revenue stream for the government as well as the controlled and safe flow of goods across the county’s borders.
As part of efforts to improve compliance, the Authority is required to assist taxpayers to understand and meet their tax obligations by providing robust and comprehensive advice. Since its inception, the GRA has integrated the four revenue institutions namely the Customs, Excise, and Preventive Service (CEPS), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Value Added Tax Service (VATS), and the Revenue Agencies Governing Board (RAGB).
It was envisaged that the integration of the revenue agencies will bring the following benefits to taxpayers and the revenue administration.
- Reduced administrative and tax compliance cost
- Better service delivery
- Improved departmental information flow.
- Holistic approach to domestic tax and customs administration
- Enhanced revenue mobilization It is important to always know where the Ghana Revenue Authority head office is located and also to have their contacts.
Table of Contents
Ghana Revenue Authority contacts Address GRA head office
Physical Address: Off Starlets’ Road, near Accra Sports Stadium, Accra Ghana
Tel : +233-(0) 302 904545/ +233-(0) 302 904546 P.O Box. 2202
Email: [email protected]
List of GRA offices in Accra
There are many GRA offices all over Ghana. Below is the list of Revenue Authority offices in Accra.
- Adabraka STO
- Kaneshie STO
- Makola STO
- Agbogbloshie MTO
- Mataheko STO
- Achimota STO
Ghana Revenue Authority has been charged to perform amongst others, the following functions as enacted by Act 791:
- Assess and collect taxes, interest and penalties on taxes due to the state with optimum efficiency.
- Pay the amounts collected into the Consolidated Fund.
- Promote tax compliance and tax education.
- Combat tax fraud and evasion and co-operate to that effect with other competent law enforcement agencies and revenue agencies in other countries.
- Advise District Assemblies on the assessment and collection of their revenue
- Prepare and publish reports and statistics related to its revenue collection.
- Make recommendations to the Minister on revenue collection policy.
With the services offered by the Ghana Revenue Authority, it is important to have the Ghana Revenue Authority head office contacts so as to reach to them anytime you have a pressing issue. You can also visit any of their branches and get assistance with any issue you could be having.
GRA has opened branches all over Ghana to meet efficiently, the needs of all citizens when it comes to matters pertaining to tax compliance.
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.