Mobile phone users in Ghana have been advised to register their sim cards to avoid being disconnected for not registering the Sim card. MTN has taken the lead in the mobile network penetration in Ghana with their whooping number of subscribers.
MTN Ghana is the leading provider of mobile telecommunications services in Ghana. The Company has over 17.83 million subscribers with a market share of approximately 55.09% as at December 2017. MTN Ghana, in line with its vision and mission, continues to lead the delivery of a bold new Digital World to customers and to make their lives a whole lot brighter.
MTN Ghana offers their valued subscribers a range of exciting products and services under Postpaid and Prepaid subscriptions.
In today’s article, we are looking at how you can check the details of your MTN number after registration in Ghana.
Table of Contents
Things To Know About MTN SIM Registration
- The MTN SIM registration initiative aims to reduce the rising number of fraud cases and also monitor and track down people who use their phones for illegal purposes.
- The MTN SIM registration is also to help the government know the exact number of true and reliable SIMs on the networks, and to allow the National Communications Authority to obtain access to accurate data in order to regulate the telecommunications sector’s activities.
- The MTN SIM Registration will provide detailed statistics on a large number of MTN users in Ghana, as well as a tool for identifying scammers and criminals.
Requirements For MTN SIM Registration
- To allow JHS students to register SIM to further their education, the minimal age for registration is 15 years.
- To obtain a new SIM card, all new and existing MTN subscribers must produce a Citizen Ghana card for Ghanaians or a Non-Citizen Ghana card for foreigners.
- Operators will be required to verify the identity of the Shareholder or Director for Limited Liability Companies and Public Institutions, respectively, in order for businesses such as MTN SIM dealers to register sims in bulk.
How To Verify The Information On Your SIM Card
Follow the procedures below to see if your SIM card is registered and to get the SIM card registration details for your MTN line:
- Dial *400# with the Simcard you want to validate.
- Allow a few moments for the result to display.
- If you were properly registered, your entire name would display on the next page, along with instructions on how to change any incorrect registration information.
What To Do If Your Registration Details Are Inaccurate
- To alter your registration data, go to any MTN Ghana branch near you with your ID card, photographs of your ID card, and other pertinent documents.
- You can also contact customer service by dialing ‘100’ and following the procedures to speak with a representative about your issue. Before making this call, make sure you have all of your sim card and ID card information handy.
- You can also contact MTN customer service via WhatsApp at 0555300000.
- If emails are more important to you, you can send your ID card, personal information, Sim card information, and other important information to [email protected].
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.