A drivers license is issued only upon passing both the theory and practical tests given by DVLA.
The test is open to all drivers in the process of obtaining a drivers license. The DVLA regulations require that all applicants for the first time apply for a Learner’s Driving License first before being issued a Drivers License.
This article guide shall walk you through the easier steps on how to get a New Drivers License In Ghana for 2022. People with experience or existing DVLA licenses are not required to go through the process.
Learner Drivers License
A learner’s license is a prerequisite to obtaining your new driving license.
Prior to being issued a driver’s license, you must possess a learner driver’s license for a period of three (3) months.
Requirements for Acquiring a Driver’s License in Ghana
- One of the requirements for acquiring a driver’s license in Ghana is that you must be 18 years old or older.
- You must have a physical exam at any DVLA office nationwide.
- A Basic education (BECE) or Adult Education, as well as reading and writing skills are required.
- A passport picture is required.
- You need to pass an eye exam as one of the requirements.
Price Of A New Ghanaian Driver’s License?
If you are part of those asking for How much does a new Ghanaian driver’s License Cost, we have the full information for you below. The price of a new driver’s license in Ghana is GH 257.
Types Of Driving License / Classes Of Driving License in Ghana.
A driving license in Ghana can be classified into 6 different types. These licenses include:
- Class A – Class A license is designed for drivers of motorbikes.
- Class B – A Class B license entitles the holder to drive mini busses and pick up vehicles containing 1-15 passengers.
- Class C – The Class C license is issued to drivers who can operate medium-sized buses with moderate loads. The passenger capacity of the vehicle must not exceed 45.
- Class D – Drivers holding a Class D license operate coaches and heavy-duty vehicles such as buses, with a passenger capacity of 1-65.
- Class E – A Class E License is for drivers who operate industrial machines.
The process of getting a new drivers license in Ghana consists of the following:
- You will first need to buy, complete and submit a Form F and F1 from the DVLA.
- Thereafter, you will undergo a physical examination and an eye test.
- You will be issued a Learner Driver’s Permit, an L-Plate, a syllabus, and a Highway Code upon paying the required fees.
- There will be a 48-hour compulsory training course at a DVLA accredited driving school.
- Afterward, you will have your biometric data captured and schedule a written test, which can be either: Written exams (Computer-Based Test).
- A subsequent oral examination will follow.
- After that, you will have to take the in-traffic test.
- After that, you will need to make the payments for your driver’s license and P-plates.
- Your Driver’s License will be Captured.
- You will then be issued with a temporary license and P-Plate.
- Afterward, you will receive a valid Driver’s License.
How to Apply / Register for A Drivers License on the Online DVLA Portal.
In order to apply for a Ghanaian driving license on the DVLA Online Portal, first log in using the following link: online.dvla.gov.gh/sign_in
You will be asked for a Username and Password during the account creation process – you’ll then be prompted to sign in.
You will be successfully signed in to the DVLA Online Portal. Now, you can register for a driver’s license online through the DVLA.
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.