If you have a health problem with your head or neck, your doctor might recommend that you see an otolaryngologist. That’s someone who treats issues in your ears, nose, or throat as well as related areas in your head and neck.
They are so relevant that we can’t do away with them when any of our delicate senses get damaged. In this article, we are looking at the ENT specialists you can find in Ghana.
Table of Contents
About ENT Specialists
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeons diagnose, evaluate and manage diseases of the head and neck. Their formal title is otorhinolaryngologist or otolaryngologist.
What Do ENT Specialists Do
ENT’s can do surgery and treat many different medical conditions. You would see one if you have a problem involving:
- ENT Specialists treat conditions that affect the senses such as hearing and balance disorders or smell and taste problems. They also treat patients with conditions that affect their voice, breathing and swallowing as well as those with head and neck tumours.
- ENT has possibly the widest range of operations of any speciality. They also treat ear conditions such as hearing loss, childhood ‘glue ear’ (where the middle ear is blocked with fluid), dizziness, ear infections and perforated ear drums.
- They treat nose conditions such as sinus infections, nasal injuries, tumours and disorders of the sense of smell and throat conditions ranging from tonsillitis through breathing problems to cancers of the mouth or throat.
- ENT Specialists are also involved in facial cosmetic surgery, for example on ears and noses and facial reconstruction following trauma or cancer. They work closely with a range of other specialists including plastic surgeons, maxillofacial surgeons and ophthalmologists.
- They make use of the latest technology including robots and lasers to treat patients which often means minimally invasive surgery and faster recovery times. Advances in care mean than they can often deliver life-changing treatment, for example helping a profoundly deaf person gain a sense of hearing and sound for the first time after cochlear implant surgery.
ENT Specialists And Their Contacts
May’s Ear, Nose & Throat Clinic
Address: GQW8+WMC, Larterbiokorshie Rd, Accra
Phone: 020 413 0306
Newstar Ear Centre Tema Community 11
Address: 11 Hospital Road, Obenyade Community 11 Digital address: GT-0788139, Tema
Phone: 020 852 9297
Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) Specialist Clinic at Nyaho Medical Centre
EMAIL: [email protected]
PAKS EAR NOSE AND THROAT
Address: M8VR+RR3, Kumasi
Phone: 020 811 4890
Krispat Ear Center
Phone: 024 467 5962
osu kukuhill osu, Angola Road
Address: osu kukuhill osu, Angola Road
Phone: 030 279 7147
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.